Audits are a vital part of any organisations health, safety and environmental management processes.
Your health and safety requirements may change over time. Increased employee numbers, new equipment or changes to working practices can all impact your health and safety management.
Health, safety and environmental audits serve several purposes including:
- Ensuring compliance to companies own procedures and policies;
- Ensuring compliance against ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018;
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the system;
- Providing information for management reviews so that corrective action programmes can be implemented;
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement;
- Driving continual improvement
What audits do we offer?
We offer health, safety and environmental management audits against your own policies and procedures, as well as compliance audits for ISO standards 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Audits against your own policies and procedures
Your health and safety policies and procedures should have been drafted by your Competent Person, and they should be tailored to your business. When auditing against your policies and procedures the following should be checked:
- That any health, safety and environmental policies meet regulations and are fit for purpose
- That health, safety and environmental procedures are understood by your employees
- That employees, customers and members of the public are able to view and easily access any policies and procedures that are relevant to them – e.g. appropriate signage for fire evacuation policies, or a well-documented recycling procedure.
Auditing against ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
Part of the requirement for achieving ISO accreditation is a commitment to regular auditing and recertification. An annual audit against the standard is required along with re-certification every three years.
How can we help?
Our consultants are experienced in auditing against your organisation’s unique requirements. They will review your existing health and safety policies and procedures, talk to key stakeholders and provide a detailed report about how your organisation complies with the management standards you have in place.
If you would like us to visit your company premises or on one of your sites to undertake an Audit, please contact our expert consultancy team on 01708 555544.