The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
£3,750 + VAT plus £170 per person for publications and certification
This Course is eligible for the CITB Grant
This Site Safety Plus course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients. You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites.
The certificate is valid for 5 years. You will need to take the SMSTS refresher course before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full 5-day course.
- This course will last for 5 Days
- Delegate numbers: Min 4; Max 20
- The fee for this course is £3,750 + VAT plus £170 per person for publications and certification
- This is an in-house training course.
The course will cover the following content:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined Spaces
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
You will be assessed the following ways:
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 5 days.
- Multiple-choice test
- You must attend the full 37.5 hours of training in order to get the SMSTS certificate. If you cannot attend the full course, you will need to enrol and take the course again.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.