The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) – Refresher
£1,500 + VAT plus £170 per person for publications and certification
This Course is eligible for the CITB Grant
This course is a refresher of the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
A copy of your current SMSTS certificate will need to be verified prior to your attendance on a course. This will be requested upon booking.
Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full 5 day course.
- This course will last for 2 Days
- Delegate numbers: Min 4; Max 20
- The fee for this course is £1,500 + VAT plus £170 per person for publications and certification.
The course will cover the following content:
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
You will be assessed the following ways:
- Continuous assessment – You need to attend the full days.
- Multiple-choice test
To be able to take part in this course you must compile to the following requirements:
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate expires.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- A copy of your current SMSTS certificate must be provided for verification prior to your attendance on the course.