Health & Safety Awareness
£750 + VAT plus £51 per person for publications and certification.
This Course is eligible for the CITB Grant
This introductory course is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries. It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
The certificate you gain is valid for 5 years. It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years.
- This course will last for 1 Day
- Delegate numbers: Min 4; Max 20
- The fee for this course is £750 + VAT plus £51 per person for publications and certification.
The course will cover the following content:
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Multiple-choice test
- A working knowledge of safety harnesses and fall protection equipment would be an advantage
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- The course is normally held on client’s premises, and delivered specifically for their employees. If required, the course can be held in our dedicated training room based in Rainham, Essex at no additional cost. Travel and accommodation costs may be charged additionally if the location is outside South East England.